Executive Director Position Description
Founded in 2004, The Gate Youth Association exists to demonstrate Christ’s love to the youth of our community through academic, social, recreational and spiritual activities. The Gate, a 501(c)(3) organization, is a network of people committed to creating a safe place for young people in this community… a place to be known as individuals, to be encouraged to grow and learn, and to encounter Christ’s love.
This position reports to The Gate Board of Directors. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Gate’s staff, programs, expansion, fundraising and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will develop deep knowledge of core programs, donor development, operations, and business plans.
The Executive Director must agree with and sign the statement of faith for The Gate.
The Executive Director must be thoroughly committed to The Gate’s mission and vision. All candidates should have proven leadership, experience coaching relationships, and financial management experience plus proven fundraising and donor management expertise.
Salary range: $60,000- $65,000 Depending on experience, benefits include monthly stipend for insurance plus 5 weeks PTO.
- Ensure ongoing and consistent quality of financial management and administration, fundraising and donor management, human resources, operations and technology, programs and activities, community relations and communications, and compliance and best practices.
- Actively engage and energize The Gate volunteers, board members, committees, partnering organizations, and financial supporters.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress and evaluate programs, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, financial supporters and other constituents.
- Develop and successfully execute an annual fundraising plan
- Manage and grow our donor network (Gate Keepers) using the “Participating, Engaging, Owning” model of growing donor involvement
- Develop and maintain the organization’s current and future strategic goals and plan
- Regular evening and weekend work may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
While serving as the figurehead of The Gate Youth Association and The Gate Community Youth Center, the Executive Director must possess the ability to focus daily on the above tasks and the smooth running of the organization while being flexible enough to assume essential/necessary roles in order to accomplish the immediate daily needs of the organization.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the daily successful functioning of the whole organization while promoting hope, optimism, and a bold vision.